Most likely you have gone to a Cinema in Kenya and seen ads right before the movie.
Either you love them or you hate them, but one thing that can’t be denied is that consumers definitely remember movie ads. A recent scientific study indicated that consuming concession snacks decreased the effectiveness of advertising. According to the Cologne University study, chewing causes your brain to focus less on what is on the screen. Perhaps this is true, but on-screen recall rates of movie theatre advertising among consumers is still quite impressive. Nielsen compared the recall rate of TV advertising with that of cinema advertising and found that the brand recall, message recall, and likeability of an ad were as much as 7% more positive when exposed to consumers via cinema than by television. Advertisers get nearly double the brand recall, message recall, and likeability when they market both on TV and in cinema.
Cinema advertising is priced by CPM just like TV. Expect to pay about double what you would pay for a TV ad, but consider these benefits:
- No direct competition with other ad platforms: Viewers don’t have the luxury of a remote control to change channels and it is frowned upon to use a mobile device in the theatre.
- Captive, more attentive audience: Large screens and stereo sound make cinema advertising considerably harder to ignore and with less distractions than watching television at home.
- Longer ads: The average television or radio spot typically runs anywhere from15 – 30 seconds, sometimes even minute-long ads. Cinema ads run about 90 seconds, which in the cinema space doesn’t feel too long. It provides more time to explain product benefits and features.
- Creative freedom: Consider advertising in 3D for more impact or telling your brand story with cinematic flair and style.
- Easy integration with other mediums: Include your social media information, a QR code, or Shazam tagging app to move the advertising from the theatre to a mobile device.
- Happier people: People seeing a movie for entertainment tend to be in a better mood and thus more receptive to seeing your product.
Get in touch with us and let us help you make most of your Media Investment to grow your brand.